Everyone keeps asking

by singlemomseeking on June 23, 2012

If we’re sleeping.

whether the baby is nursing well.

How the big sister in the family is doing.

If it’s time to change the name of my blog. (“C’mon Rachel!”)

Here’s a glimpse:

Close friends who’ve known me for years pull me aside ask me what it’s really like. This time. With a man who wants to be here, a man who beams whenever he walks into the room and sees his baby, then rushes over to scoop her up.

These same friends tease about the fact that my blog name is still Single Mom Seeking. “C’mon, when are you gonna get a new URL?”

They have a point. After all, I’m married now. And I just gave birth to my second daughter. (That last photo is with our amazing midwife, Lindy Johnson, whom I can’t thank enough!)

Still, after being a single mom for a decade, I’ll never forget what it was like. When he left. When I told my mom’s group — who were all married moms, happily married, so I’d thought –  during a picnic in New York City that he was gone. As the leaves around us changed from to orange and red, change was happening all around me, and to me.

It’s time for another change. The name of my blog. Ideas are swimming around my head, as I type this with my newborn asleep in the Ergo on my chest. Nothing has stuck yet.

But I have a feeling that YOU can help. After all, I have a new identity. And I need a new name to illustrate this.

What should my new name be? I’m all ears.

P.S. If you missed the recent post about me by Michelle Fiordaliso from First Comes Motherhood, Then Comes Marriage, have a look.

Grace Pamer May 24, 2012 at 2:52 am

Happilycontentedformersinglemomseeking.com? Or is that too much of a mouthful? How about just nolonfersinglemomseeking.com or nlsms.com for short? Although then you sound like a health company!

Hope you find something that works. I’ll tweet this out to see if there are more suggestions.

Best
Grace

singlemomseeking July 4, 2012 at 7:18 am

Thank you Grace! And thanks for generously Tweeting out my posts!

CCD May 24, 2012 at 7:28 am

:-) first idea, and it is available, is marriedmomjourney.com
parentalpursuits.com
grr…at work, can’t brainstorm…but I’ll be back with more…

singlemomseeking May 25, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I’m loving all of your ideas!
CCD, How sweet for you to even check if those URLs are available!

Glenda May 24, 2012 at 11:39 am

She’s beautiful! Has your eyes?! :) I think she looks like you :)

MarriedMomNoLongerSeeking.com ;)

Mae W May 24, 2012 at 7:19 pm

What about FromSingleMomSeekingToHappilyEverafter.com?
And Congratulations on your new life. I think is amazing! Every single mom should follow your blog

Maya May 24, 2012 at 9:45 pm

How about singlemomseekingnomore, nolongersinglemom, singlemomnomore, happilymarried.. whew!

Congratulations to your new life!

Amy May 26, 2012 at 9:31 am

Congrats! Being a single mom has helped shape who you are, and surely it’s helped shappe your family. I’d hate to see you lose the moniker all together. What about singlemommyhoodgotmarried?

Linsey May 30, 2012 at 12:35 pm

MamaChapters
SingleMarriedMomSquared
MarriedMomFound

John Frenaye June 7, 2012 at 7:39 pm

OK, end the contest. I sweep back onto this blog and have the answer (and it is available) finallycontent.com

BOOM!!

Rachel so happy for you and your family! You rock!

singlemomseeking June 9, 2012 at 8:36 am

John: Thank you!
“Finally Content.” Mmmm, I like that!

jobo June 12, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I am terrible with ideas here, but LOVE all of these – Finally Content – that one is awesome. Or Happily Content? something like that? BTW I got to meet T this weekend!! And we were talking about the first time she met YOU! So very cool!!! And congrats on your second child, that is just awesome :)

singlemomseeking June 13, 2012 at 9:08 am

Jobo, it sounds like you’re meeting quite a few bloggers in real life these days. How amazing!!

Nicole Blean June 14, 2012 at 9:14 am

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I just read your post and this gives a tad bit of hope. I’m so happy for you! Relationships have never worked out for me and I have given up completely. In fact, I don’t even think I care anymore b/c I just want to be myself. Now, I am just focusing on maintaining balance in my life for me and my daughter. I can’t imagine what it would be like to have a man in my life who actually wanted to be there. Maybe that will happen for me, too, someday. But even if it doesn’t, I’m learning to be content and happy with my life as it is. Your blog is great!

Melissa July 15, 2012 at 1:11 pm

I like singlemomseekingnomore. I like that it references the former blogs name and hints at why the change. Would make it much easier for people to find. It clearly lets the reader know that this is a blog of a former single mom who is navigating a new life of marriage. Plus it has a ring to it, lol. Finallycontent doesn’t give me any idea that it’s Rachel Sara’s blog.

Natalie July 18, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Are you going to sell SingleMomSeeking.com ? I am sure someone is dying to use that website/blog name ;)

Janet July 20, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Rachel – I haven’t been following your blog for awhile and was curious to see if you are still writing on here. Happy Birthday btw. I am so happy that you finally found the right man and have another beautiful daughter. As for me, I found what I have been looking for as well, a man who love me and accepts me for who I am… I am happy too..

And yes you need a new name for your blog… :)

Laura July 21, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Aww, your baby is around the same age as my son! I’m in the SF Bay too :) You give me hope!

Shel Connors August 15, 2012 at 11:39 am

Hey there! I found you on Bloglovin’ while searching for other Single Mom blogs. I am a single mom blogging about my life. Anyways, I am enjoying your blog and can’t wait to start at the beginning and read about your whole journey- I’m your newest follower :) BTW- Congrats on your upgraded status and new life! :)
Shel
Shel Connors´s last blog post ..The Mud is Everywhere!

Callie May September 14, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Very adorable pictures. I have a son who is around the same age and it is so precious seeing his father go all smiles when he walks into the room. I enjoy reading all your posts and I look forward to the new ideas everyone has. New blog name soon? lol