Some of you come to this blog because you’re brand new single parents who have sworn to never date again. (I get it.) Others, however, have now fallen hard like me.
Let’s face it: when you’re a single parent, you’re not really a rookie at love anymore. You’ve been there, done that. And If you’ve been reading my blog since 2006, then you know how much I’ve written (ad nausea) about the man I hoped to love. So, how do you know if you’re found him, for real?
For exactly one year now, I’ve been with this cute, goofy, smart guy whom I refer to jokingly as the Lucky Guy (because, hey, I’m the one who’s lucky!) It didn’t take us very long to have “the talk.” Yeah, the one in which you decide that neither of you wants to date anyone else. The evening that we decided to be monogamous, it felt right — and it has felt right ever since.
If you’re in a relationship, how do you know he/she is the ONE?
So, far — in addition to that mysterious chemistry — here are the qualities I’ve come up with when it comes to knowing if this relationship is IT:
* He listens to you. Even when you cranky and overtired.
* He makes you laugh. A LOT. (LG and I turn into big goofballs when we’re together.)
* And even when you get on each other’s nerves, you know that you’d still be friends. (One of our recent date nights took us to the mall because he needed new jeans, and I realized how much I love just hanging out with him.)
* He/she adores your kid(s) and really makes an effort to have a real, genuine friendship.
* He makes your life better, including plenty of hugs and kisses, and lots of cheer leading when you talk about your big dreams.
* You have similar values when it comes to family, friendship, sharing meals, and a loving home. (On that note, hopefully your own family and friends like him a lot, too.)
* You trust each other — and you trust yourself when you’re together. (This one has been the most challenging for me.)
I’d love to hear from men and women on this one. Thanks!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.