Here’s the truth: back in the day, I used to be a letter writer. You, too? I wrote letters to my girlfriends in the summer, telling them how much I missed them if one of us was away. If I had a crush on a boy, I wrote a sweet mushy note — in my handwriting! — and sealed it an envelope.
Nowadays, when I send a sweet message, it’s by text. Do you relate?
So, last night, the Love Letter Squad (Janet Gallin and Tresa Eyres) invited me to their workshop in San Francisco: “Write a letter…. change a life.” (Note: The number of men who attended this workshop blew me away. Go guys!)
And I’m inspired. As much I love chocolate and lingerie, nothing compares to getting a love letter. You can’t duplicate it like a CD. It’s the most intimate, one-of-a-kind gift you can give someone. A love letter is not something that you might recycle.
Moreover, a love letter does NOT have to be romantic: you can appreciate a parent, child, friend, teacher, public figure — even someone in your life in need of an apology or forgiveness. And who says you can’t write a love letter to YOURSELF?
With Valentine’s Day approaching, I want to encourage YOU to write a love letter. Here’s your chance.
What: I’m hosting a Cardstore.com Valentine’s Twitter Party!
Why: Let’s talk LOVE. If you’re dating someone, will you write a love letter? I can’t wait to share my tips! (This goes for writing a letter to your kid, your friend, your parent..)
If you’re going solo on Valentine’s Day, let’s hear how you’re gonna treat yourself!
When: Thurs., Feb. 4th 4 – 5 p.m. PST
Where: on Twitter. It’s easy: you just need a Twitter account. The night of the party, enter #CSParty at the end of each of your Tweets.
How: Follow the #CSParty hashtag (You can use services like TweetChat or TweetGrid to follow the conversation)
Here’s a list of all the great prizes you can win:
I’ll be giving away FIVE more prizes during the Twitter party:
– Date night!: $5 Blockbuster gift card and $30 to Olive Garden
– A $50 gift certificate to Cardstore!
One “All-Occasion” Card Pack. Each gift pack contains 10 cards with an assortment of occasions, including Birthday, Get Well, Happy Anniversary and Thank You (Retail Value: $24)
– Two Sets of 12 Thank You Notes. You get to choose any design (and personalize it!) from Cardstore.com’s Thank You Card collection. (Retail Value: $21).
And for the Single Mom Seeking PRIZES, to be announced here on Valentine’s Day?…
One lucky winner will receive a $100 Cardstore.com gift certificate! The winner gets to spend it on any of Cardstore.com’s beautiful personalized products.
Three other winners will receive:
– One of you will receive a $50 Kohl’s Gift Card.
– One of you will get an “All-Occasion” Card Pack.
– Two of you will receive sets of 12 Thank You Notes.
To enter, all you need to do is leave a comment below. Tell me anything about Valentine’s Day…
- Are you planning a special date?
- Are you sick of this mushy-commercialism?
- Will you be making homemade cards with your kids?
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following (please leave a separate comment on this post for each extra entry that you complete):
1) Become a fan of Cardstore on Facebook and leave a comment here with your Facebook account name.
2) Follow @Cardstyle on Twitter and leave a comment here with your Twitter id.
3) Follow @Singlemomseekin on Twitter and leave a comment here with your Twitter id.
4) Visit Cardstore.com, then come back here and leave a comment telling me your favorite card design.
5) Tweet out the details of this party, including the #CSParty hashtag in your tweet, anytime between now until 4:00PM PST on Feb. 4th. Then come back and leave a comment here with a link to your tweet. Here is a sample tweet you can copy and paste:
Example: You and Valentine’s Day? Chime in at http://bit.ly/c8oOe3 2 win some great prizes! #CSParty
This giveaway ends on Feb. 4. I will draw a winner via Random.org and announce the winner at the #CSParty Twitter event. Good luck, and see you at the Twitter party!
(Note: You do not need to leave a comment to join the party, but you must leave a comment in order to enter the giveaway above, and you must participate in the Twitter party on Feb. 4 in order to be eligible to win the prizes offered during the party)
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.