Hot single dad landing. Again.

by singlemomseeking on July 3, 2009

Remember RJ, that sweet single dad of three kids and founder of SingleDad.com?

rach-and-rj-color

Well, RJ is coming back into town — and we’re headed to camp!

Let’s just say that it’s day camp. Yes, RJ and I have been invited to speak at Single Life Camp, “an offline social networking experience” in San Francisco on July 12.

WHEN: Sunday, July 12, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

WHERE: Piazza Market and Wine Bar in San Francisco

PRICE: $40 $30!... includes a champagne brunch, “fantasy cakes reception” (!), prizes, and live music by Bay Area recording artist, Destiny.

During the day, singles will “pool resources on how to get stuff done in the other 95% of our life. Like: running a company solo, buying a house on your own, dining for one, you get my drift.”

A couple of my favorite local authors will be speaking, too, such as Wendy Merrill, author of Falling into Manholes; and Jerusha Stewart, author of The Single Girl’s Manifesta. (I haven’t seen these amazing women since we spoke at the Commonwealth Club in S.F.)

wendy-m

jerusha

If you’re in the SF Bay Area, please come out next Sunday! Buy your tickets here.

If you can’t make it to San Francisco, we’d love to give you a taste of the day. RJ doesn’t know this yet….

but I’m going to ask him to make some videos with me during the afternoon.

This is where you come in:

Do you have any burning questions or issues about being a single parent? We’d love to answer them!

The participants who come for the day are actually providing the content! Called a “BarCamp” or an “unconference,” we’re shaping the day the way we want. So, if you have any pressing topics on your mind, let us know.

Say, are you recently divorced? Just dating again?

Are you thinking about starting your own business? Or, buying your own home? (In case you didn’t know, RJ manages a mortgage consulting group in the San Diego area.).

Let us know!

SingleLifeCamp has been sponsored by the San Francisco Giants Singles Night, Piazza Market, DateMyPet.com, CrowdVine.com, SpeedDate.com,  TangoDiva.com, WineSocials.com, and WAM Marketing Group.

The winners! | Single Mom Seeking
September 9, 2009 at 3:14 am
Dating again? | Single Mom Seeking
September 11, 2009 at 3:02 am
Trusting | Single Mom Seeking
September 14, 2009 at 3:02 am
Sex and the single parent? | Single Mom Seeking
December 5, 2009 at 7:30 pm

Barry July 3, 2009 at 7:00 pm

Go get’um you two. Both are awesome representatives of the single parent community. Have fun,good luck, and have one on me….RJ will spot me right?

Barry´s last blog post…Internet Dating 101 and How I Met My Wife

Alicia July 3, 2009 at 10:08 pm

Rachel, you look gorgeous in that pic! Hope your camp is a total success and blast!

judy July 4, 2009 at 9:05 am

Way cool……

MindyMom July 4, 2009 at 9:21 am

Sounds great! Have fun – and that is a nice pic.

MindyMom´s last blog post…What a Week!

T July 4, 2009 at 9:30 am

LOVE RJ!!

You guys have fun. I can’t wait to see the videos you make.

(Boy that could sound all wrong, couldn’t it?)

;)

T´s last blog post…Why do we jump to the end of the story?

singlemomseeking July 4, 2009 at 4:11 pm

So, RJ, will you spot Barry and get me a glass of wine?

(I just gave RJ the head’s up about this post… and got a text back that he’s in Vegas with the guys.)

In the meantime, I’m off to a family BBQ…

singlemomseeking´s last blog post…Hot single dad landing. Again.

Apples July 5, 2009 at 2:45 am

Aww too bad it isn’t a few hundred miles more south :P I’d so be there.

Have fun! Let me know if you guys ever plan something in Southern California..

Lovebabz July 5, 2009 at 11:45 am

(nothing to do with post) THOSE CONDOMS ARE SO HANDY! LOL!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

And do have a great time at Camp :)

Lovebabz´s last blog post…AND SO THE BEGINNING IS NEAR

Dana July 6, 2009 at 8:54 am

you should bring that on over to Chicago :-) i think we could use a ‘day camp’ like that out here!

check out my blog!

Dana´s last blog post…the thought of it terrifies me

Rachel July 6, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Thanks so much for your kind words and linking to the event! Looking forward to hearing you both speak at the event (I’m working with Jerusha on the event).

Signed, another woman named Rachel :)