Purging and pleasure

by singlemomseeking on May 19, 2009

At the moment, I’m immersed in this:

moving2

And this:

moving12

I’ve been purging like a crazy lady. I’m tossing stuff in the trash, giving things away, and planning a mega garage sale for this weekend. Why?

Not only does a clean, sparse home feel better… but according to The Sanity Fairy, a clutter-free home makes more room for more passion and pleasure.

Say what?

It’s true, according to the expert. Read on here.

P.S. “T,” did you look in my closet when you stayed here? Wasn’t it a disaster?

T May 19, 2009 at 8:51 am

I tried not to look in the closet honey… because I saw you, M and the cat climbing over the mountain to get in there!

But I found it charming!

(You do woo me, Rachel.)

Mwah!

And I agree! I gave away a TON of stuff when I moved into my smaller home. It does feel much lighter in my life.

I’m so excited about your move!!!

T´s last blog post…Every single mom needs one… (part 4)

MindyMom May 19, 2009 at 8:59 am

I just had my garage sale last weekend! What an undertaking but well worth it. It is a must when moving though. Hope you do well with it and yes, the purging and streamlining is a great feeling.

MindyMom´s last blog post…Bad Endings

judy May 19, 2009 at 9:43 am

When you have physical stuff it takes up room in your brain because you are subconsciously aware of all your belongings.

Purging stuff thus purges your brain and giving you space for something new..

Susan May 19, 2009 at 11:05 am

Oh, I love me a good closet/drawer purge. I think it’s a sign of making room for good things to come!

Susan´s last blog post…Taking a bow

GLSD May 19, 2009 at 11:44 am

Every 6 mos I purge. If I haven’t used it in 6 mos chances are I won’t so I donate or give away. It’s a great feeling!

SDMktg May 20, 2009 at 9:31 am

I’m a saver because it never fails that days (or weeks) after I throw something out I need it again.

I do try to get rid of stuff I know I don’t need at least once a year though.

SDMktg´s last blog post…Hodad’s Famous Bacon Burgers – Behind the Scenes at Fox 5