Love is in the air

by singlemomseeking on May 26, 2009

cbg-momma-sun

Have you been following that pair of single parent bloggers (above) who’ve recently fallen hard for each other?

It’s too cliche to blame it on spring, and their story is more complex than your typical puppy love in May. For starters, Canadian Bald Guy and Momma Sunshine first dated, briefly, months ago.

Soon, they both blogged openly about going separate ways, but didn’t reveal each other’s identities — until now. If you haven’t read their recent open, honest, feeling posts, consider this fair warning. You’ll be sucked in like the rest of us.

Momma Sunshine writes very poignantly that in the past three months, she has grown “stronger than I ever thought possible…. There were lessons that needed to be learned – apart. My only wish was that we could have done it without hurting each other so much first. But all that is behind us now.”

In the meantime, Canadian Bald Guy writes that after a few months apart, he’s ready to face his fears — and be present:

“I am now more afraid to NOT have her in my life than I am of failing at the relationship.  I think that’s a big self-actualization step…and definitely a huge step forward for us.”

“I don’t know what the future holds for us,” adds Momma Sunshine. “None of us do, really. I can be okay with that…because what we have right here, right now, is enough. I know what love is…and I am intensely grateful for it. Because in the past three days I have felt more love and joy than some people ever get to experience in their lives.

Are you also blown away by this single mom and dad who are writing so openly in real time? Wow.

The catch is: they live three hours away from each other. I’m very curious to see how they’ll cope with the long distance, and I’m rooting for them (aren’t you?). They both seem like such affectionate, loving — and silly!! — human beings. I believe, and hope, that they will make this relationship work.

Let’s give these love birds some advice, shall we?

Certainly, you must have a tip for these two. For starters, here’s my one piece of humble advice:

Get a lock on your door.

(If you two already have locks on your bedroom doors, do tell!)

Your turn: What your best piece of advice for this Canadian Bald Guy and Momma Sunshine?

C’mon now, I know that you have a real, good nugget up your sleeve!

In the meantime, read all about the weekend they recently spent together. Their honesty and vulnerability will inspire you.

{ 1 trackback }

Moving in together | Single Mom Seeking
September 29, 2009 at 4:24 pm

T May 26, 2009 at 6:46 am

They’ve both heard all of my advice… listen to your heart. I’m happy to see that they did!

T´s last blog post…Cautious Optimism

Katherine SOLOdotmom May 26, 2009 at 7:04 am

Wow! This is so awesome…

Advice? Just don’t “think” about everything too much! :)

Allow love to be – what it is… and see what happens.

Katherine SOLOdotmom´s last blog post…Secrets… about me (you might not want to know)

singlemomseeking May 26, 2009 at 7:21 am

Katherine: I was thinking about you as I wrote this post — because I know that love is in the air for you, too!

And T, it’s so amazing to watch you open up, darling….

judy May 26, 2009 at 9:14 am

wow! You two are sounding very grown-up like.

Remember to say “OK, we will do it your way/ paint it your color/ eat at the rest. you want tonight” That kindness goes a long way.

Honey May 26, 2009 at 10:26 am

The BF and I were long distance for the first three months we dated…then after being in the same town for 8 months or so, were long distance again for about 9 months. So quite a bit!

In the beginning, we visited every other weekend. My advice would be do NOT go more than 2 weeks without seeing each other. The BF and I went three weeks once and it was horrible.

By the time we’d been together for a little over a year, I rearranged my work schedule to three days a week and drove to visit him every weekend. My cats moved with him to make the visiting easier. So do what you can!

Honey´s last blog post…Vegas Memorial Weekend Sextacular: Preview

singlemomseeking May 26, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Honey: He took your cats in? That’s LOVE!

NewSingleMama May 26, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Awww this is so sweet! :D

Advice? I have none because I know nothing about love and relationships LOL but I do wish them all of the best!

NewSingleMama´s last blog post…Site’s Up, Money’s Down!

Honey May 26, 2009 at 2:23 pm

SMS: I didn’t make him get rid of his dog. THAT’S love!

Honey´s last blog post…Vegas Memorial Weekend Sextacular: Preview

MindyMom May 26, 2009 at 5:08 pm

No advice, just glad to “see” a happy love story unfold. Their posts have brought tears to my eyes, really. I’m so happy for them.

As a funny sidenote – I did read both of their blogs and never put 2 & 2 together that they were referring to each other. Duh…

So glad they “outed” themselves. And they look so damn happy!

MindyMom´s last blog post…Life Goes On

MC May 26, 2009 at 6:55 pm

Advice!? I am not the person to give advice about successful relationships!

Best wishes to them, though, it’s nice to see people with the guts to try again.

NappyKitchen May 26, 2009 at 7:09 pm

Funny. Right before I came here, I ran across Momma Sunshine’s blog which lead me to CBG’s blog. First thing I thought was how courageous they both are and yes I want them to have the ‘happily ever after’ thing.

What can I say? I’m a hopeless romantic.

NappyKitchen´s last blog post…Blog Appearance

Legal Editor Mom May 26, 2009 at 8:04 pm

I am not familiar with either of their blogs, but after reading this post, how can anyone not be rooting for them?

My best piece of advice for any budding relationship is not to start something you can’t finish. In other words, be yourself, and show your true colors at all times! There’s nothing worse than someone being one way in the beginning (often when the relationship is new and very intriguing), and then the person changing, or perhaps getting “comfortable” and ultimately taking the other for granted, later. That sucks! ALWAYS be considerate of your mate, COMMUNICATE openly and honestly, and always treat him/her how you want to be treated!

SingleParentPlus2 May 26, 2009 at 8:07 pm

I thought I would pull out a Morrie quote for the love birds.

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” – Morrie Schwartz

SingleParentPlus2´s last blog post…Teaching my children to resolve conflict on their own

VJ May 27, 2009 at 1:21 am

All very inspiring guys. And CBG lives 3 hrs away huh? So basically anywhere on the mainland or further up the coast from NS?

The dear wife & I never lived closer than 1000KM before we were married. We were always in different states. With no Facebook. Ummm No email. Err.. no cell phones either. Think about it. Yep, nothing but stage coaches & horses for us…

No really. Just the phone & mail. And it can happen. It has happened throughout history. Think about all those sailors gone for months at a time from Halifax. (OK let’s not think about that). It’s not that far a drive. Pretty too. Cheers & Good Luck, ‘VJ’

VJ´s last blog post…the fourth date

Canadian Bald Guy May 27, 2009 at 2:29 am

Thanks to everybody for the comments (and to Rachel for the post!).

Sunshine and I have reached a point where we truly believe in the “real deal”…that true love isn’t just something that happens in a fairytale or a television movie of the week.

So I guess that makes us both hopeless romantics.

But the great thing about where we are right now is that we’re totally content with whatever happens after this. If this doesn’t work out, then at least we’ll know that we gave it our all.

At this point, however, we think we know what is going on between us. We’ve each been through the ringer. We’re each in our mid-30′s. We know when something is real.

And it doesn’t get any more real than this.

So hopefully people won’t mind us blogging about each other anytime soon…because I don’t think it’s likely to stop.

Thanks again!!

Canadian Bald Guy´s last blog post…Best Weekend Ever: part two

wandamd May 27, 2009 at 8:20 am

Well…i’ve been in a LDR for about 9 months now and we have been on the rocks for 2 and “broke up” 2 weeks ago. After a self-imposed week of no communication I figured out that I’d engaged in telling him (and myself) “shades” of how I felt rather than laying out there what my true wants and needs are. I brought this back to the table, with no expectations, and shared that what I really “wanted” was him to come to me…give us a real chance to have the relationship. I am the one with the child (he is solo) and I am not capable of taking her away from her Daddy. Well…honesty does seem to have taken us in a different direction; he came out for the long weekend and had the best one ever! I have been completely honest, with myself and him for once, and feel that whatever does happen I am at peace with the relationship. I also know that if I do move forward into a new relationship with someone I can start out with the honesty card.

So my advice…chuck the grayness when it comes to deciding what you each want and need. It doesn’t mean these are all deal breakers, but at least the relationship isn’t built on false expectations.

Love Coach Rinatta May 27, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Having read through Momma Sunshine’s and Canadian Bald Guy’s blogs back to the end of their relationship, I would offer them one advice only: Love is sometimes like a salve that brings out all the yuck from the past that needs healing.

That maybe fear, or pain, or sadness, or guilt, or loss, or anger. You feel these feelings while in the relationship, but they may not be about your current relationship at all. It’s good to be able to tell what the feelings are actually about – the current situation or the echo from the past.

I wish you two all the happiness in the world.

Love Coach Rinatta´s last blog post…Dating Tip #1