True Love

by singlemomseeking on March 27, 2009

mommy-pies-man
I’m blessed to be among the single mom bloggers who received this email yesterday that begin with:

“Subject: SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

It was from Mommy Pie, one of the funniest bloggers out there, who has turned quite serious lately.

Here’s what happened:

About three months ago, she and this “very cute boy” whom she’d known in high school reconnected on Facebook. In no time at all, they were emailing IMing, texting — and having seven-hour phone calls.

“Nevermind that we live on opposite ends of the country,” explained Mommy Pie. “Nevermind that inexplicably, I feel like I’ve known this boy forever. This has to be one of the craziest things that’s ever happened to me, and it’s got me a little discomboobulated, to be sure.”

Then, however, as she puts it:

“I committed a Cardinal Sin. I told him about the blog. Which means he knows about the fart lighting. And my Taco Drive-Thru Guy. And the peeing in the shower. And the Granny Panties.

Good God, the Granny Panties.”

And guess what?

This boy fell in love with her, blog and all.

He came to visit and bonded with the whole family, parents and all. He even took over Mommy Pie’s blog one day.

Which brings me to yesterday, and that email in my box that began with:

“Hey my lovely fellow single mamas… Didn’t know if you saw what went down yesterday in the Blogosphere, but I’m busting and wanted to tell you!

If you haven’t yet heard what went down, read here. Now.

“It’s completely impetuous, but so completely right,” Mommy Pie adds.

Really now, if you don’t have goose bumps like me, something is wrong with you.

Much love to all of you, Mommy Pie, MP, and Mr. Pie (yes, that’s the hunk, above!)

{ 1 trackback }

Do you have a tattoo? | Singlemommyhood.com
October 20, 2009 at 3:00 pm

T March 27, 2009 at 6:00 am

Nope. I’m not surprised at all. I can completely relate to this story… and, um… I’m totally jealous.

I wish her the absolute best. She deserves it.

T´s last blog post…Love when I need it

Shannon March 27, 2009 at 6:06 am

Just like you Rachel, I’m moved. Really moved. I love when the boy takes the initiative to do something creative and fulfill our fantasies and show that they really KNOW us. The Boy did that. I wish that for every single mama out there.

Single Mom March 27, 2009 at 6:19 am

OMG Just went and read…. that was so cute !!!!!!!!!!!! What a great guy !!!!!!!!

Single Mom´s last blog post…Supplement Your Income

Katherine SOLOdotmom March 27, 2009 at 6:32 am

This was an awesome proposal….ah love… and it’s spring… where will it pop up next?!

ruth March 27, 2009 at 6:52 am

yay! I (heart) this community for so many reasons….Good Luck Mommy and Future Mr Pie!!!!!

MindyMom March 27, 2009 at 7:22 am

Proof that the fairy tale can happen! Wow.

MindyMom´s last blog post…Snowed In

Amy Sue Nathan March 27, 2009 at 7:57 am

Well I don’t know Mommy Pie but it’s never bad to start the day looking at a handsome guy!

Amy Sue Nathan´s last blog post…‘Race for a safe state’ on May 1 in Chicago

BlueBella March 27, 2009 at 8:22 am

Yay for Mommy Pie!

What a great way to round up the week in the blogosphere!

BlueBella´s last blog post…Beware the Race You Don’t Know Your In. . .

theboy March 27, 2009 at 4:56 pm

I’m not a blogger, but I am “The Boy”. Mommypie sent me an email with a link to this sight.

I’m rattling the bars on the cage trying to get out of here and spend everywakinghour with Mommypie who is still all-the-freaking-way-across-the-country. What kind of lucky boy gets to marry a girl who pees in the shower and has actually tried to light a fart? I mean … come on! Who is better than her! (Not to mention she is beautiful, smart, well read, well adjusted, and a great Mommy!)

If you think Yah for Mommypie, you should be standing on your head, making silly faces and yelling out loud for me. Cause I am the luckiest “The boy” in the whole wide worldiverse.

Thank you all for the sweet comments. My ego is now firmly out of control.

The Boy. (David)

singlemomseeking March 27, 2009 at 5:52 pm

I’m so unbelievably flattered that the Actual, Living “Boy” has commented on my blog. Wow, you are the real thing. That Mommy Pie has got it good. Mmmmm.

Clearly, the Mommies here agree!

And single dads out there, what do you think of this love story? You’re kind of quiet today, I must say.

Lindsay March 27, 2009 at 5:51 pm

Wow, this is the sweetest story ever and he’s a hunk! Totally unique and different. Something like this should be on the news, lol.

Lindsay´s last blog post…What About Sex On The First Date?

Apples March 28, 2009 at 12:16 am

I don’t read MommyPies blog but I might start. The Boy seems like a great catch. Gives single moms (okay, ME!) Hope. I’ve all but given up before I even started [looking].

Hanie March 28, 2009 at 6:55 am

How adorable can a guy gets?? He sounds like a great guy and good looking too. All the best to them ;-)

Hanie´s last blog post…Doing The Mamak Food

Legal Editor Mom March 28, 2009 at 7:42 am

This was such a great story. Thanks for sharing, and inspiring the many single moms who may have given up hope or thought love the 2nd time around wasn’t possible. He is a hunk and they are adorable together!

Robynbeth March 28, 2009 at 9:41 am

This truly gives me hope that something good is waiting for all of us.

mommypie March 29, 2009 at 12:46 am

Aw, thanks for such a sweet post Rachel — life is sweet!

And to Robynbeth, something good IS waiting … destiny.

xoxox

mommypie March 29, 2009 at 12:49 am

Oh yeah, and the whole “Hunk” thing?

SO totally agree.

mommypie´s last blog post…Scenes from a Proposal: The Mastermind

Terry March 29, 2009 at 8:31 am

Thanks for sharing this, Rachel. Off to check out Mommy Pie.

Terry´s last blog post…I Love You, Man

Leightongirl April 6, 2009 at 5:09 pm

This was amazing.

Leightongirl´s last blog post…Touching the air