On the radio about being a single mom

by singlemomseeking on March 16, 2009

singledadstown

Here’s the scoop: this morning, I’m going to be on The Bill McLeod Show, otherwise known as Single Dads Town!

You can tune into the show live here, 9:15 a.m. PST — that’s 12:15 p.m. EST — to hear Bill and me talk about the challenges and joys of single parenting.

Knowing me, I’ll bring up some dating concerns — as well as grown-up sleepovers. But I’ll leave  my “lacdating” experiences off the show, thank you very much.

Here’s the best part: YOU can call in and ask questions! I know that many of you will be in offices, but maybe you can take a 10-minute break? I’d love to hear your voices!

The number to call in LIVE is: 877-474-3302.

After chatting briefly with Bill on the phone, it’s obvious that we have a lot in common. Bill was happily married, with two wonderful kids, and a growing business. But in 2003, he discovered that his wife was drinking excessively.

Soon, they were divorced, and she passed away two years ago. Bill has been raising his kids solo since.

So, make my day and call in with a little question… and if you can’t, please leave a question here!

I’ll be checking your comments while I’m on the show — I can raise any concerns you might have. Then, you can tune in online later to hear our responses!

Dr.Leah www.singlemommyhood.com March 16, 2009 at 3:23 am

This is so exciting. I’ll be tuning in definitely. Bill is a handsome guy …wondering if there will be any chemistry between you?

Dr.Leah http://www.singlemommyhood.com´s last blog post…What are your kids doing this summer?

Rosie Scribble March 16, 2009 at 5:53 am

Good luck. How exciting!!

MindyMom March 16, 2009 at 6:12 am

Lol – Now the Sanity Fairy is matchmaking!

It’s too early for me to think of a question – I haven’t had my coffee yet – but have a great time Rachel!

MindyMom´s last blog post…Single Mom Pioneer: Christine Collins

T March 16, 2009 at 8:29 am

Woohoo! I hope to be listening too! (I’m at work, will have to keep it quiet.)

But I do so enjoy your sing-songy Northern California voice…

Have fun and flirt shamelessly with your host!

T´s last blog post…Unfulfilled love is romantic

Bill March 16, 2009 at 9:12 am

I’ve got it on and ready to listen! Go Rachel!!

sorry, no question here either.

Bill March 16, 2009 at 9:56 am

Great show Rachel! Kudos.

Mike March 16, 2009 at 11:16 am

Dang! I read this too late. I hope it all went well for you.

Mike´s last blog post…Queen of the Castle

Erica March 16, 2009 at 12:45 pm

:( I missed it! I hope you’ll let us know how it went!

Erica´s last blog post…Bullet’s Hurt Real Bad, Ma

Bill McLeod March 16, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Rachel you were great today. Thank you so much for taking the time to be on my show. Haven’t had a guest turn the tables on me lately and start asking the questions :)

singlemomseeking March 16, 2009 at 2:57 pm

Ah, c’mon now, Bill McLeod, you knew that I was trained as a newspaper reporter… I’m just as curious to know how single dads “do it.” I learned a lot from you on the show. Thanks so much for having me!

I will post a link to the podcast for everyone this week, when I get it!

In short, we talked about how to balance it all: raising your kids as a solo parent and trying to date, too. It was great to hear Bill encourage single parents to have adult friends, however you might define that.

We also talked a lot about the importance of being honest with your kids when you’re dating — and the mistakes we’ve made when trying to juggle it all.

Thanks!!

SingleDad March 16, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Can’t wait to hear the podcast … improving the world one single parent at a time!

SingleDad´s last blog post…adore: \ə-ˈdȯr\ : transitive verb …

SingleDad March 16, 2009 at 9:43 pm

sorry I missed it Rach, will you have a link on your site for others to hear it?