What to do on Valentine’s Day

by singlemomseeking on February 10, 2009

I was going to begin this post with, “I’ve got a hot night planned for Saturday! What should I wear?”

But no.

Here’s what I’ll really be doing on Valentine’s Day.

(Please be aware that MomLogic gave this a “warning: graphic content.”)

In the meantime, I just found out that I’m going to be talking about dating as a single mom on ABC’s View from the Bay on Friday, the day before Valentine’s Day.

But here’s the catch: the live talk show is having Pajama Day!

Don’t laugh. The producer just emailed me: “We’re having a pajama fashion show, and we’re asking our guests to wear pajamas. Would you be okay with that?”

Apparently, the hosts — very sweet and beautiful Janelle with rockin’ dad Spencer — will be in PJs as well.

Help! What should I wear?

Of course, I want viewers to see that single moms are sexy and hot… but wearing a short “teddy” on TV?

No way!

That’s why I’m thinking about going for some more tasteful PJs from the Junior’s department. In fact, Mandee’s has offered to “sponsor” my pajamas.

Although I love the hearts on this one, I think it’s too risque, yes?

Maybe I should go for something more modest, like a hoodie and flannels?

Advice please! You know I always appreciate your feedback. Thanks so much.

PJs courtesy of Mandee’s

Top image from Getty, via MomLogic

Schvach February 10, 2009 at 1:04 pm

How about ‘footsie’ PJs, you know, the one piece item with attached foot coverings and a posterior snap flap. Kewl!

Jenn February 10, 2009 at 1:14 pm

OO exciting! The last pajama outfit on page 2 is sexy but not to racy and the one on the last page is hot!

Pick what you feel good and sexy in! (No jacket … put it out there you might score a really hot date ;)

Shannon February 10, 2009 at 1:22 pm

Here is my 2 cents (cause that is all I can afford lol) … I personally would not feel totally comfortable in the night gown on TV.

I think the flannel jammies and the hoodie cover up to much if you are wanting to show a sexy flirty side.

So how about a cute pair of jammie pants with a tank or even some flannel shorts with a tank or t-shirt?
I can’t put actually links right not (I’m at work) but this set from the Mandee site is cute.

Dot Cami/ Satin Plaid Pant
Style: MD-M05703053435800

and so is this

Heart Burnout Tee/Lover Screen
Style: MD-M05704053585340

Shannon´s last blog post…I’m Avoiding …

T February 10, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Oh my!!

I’m all about a tank top and comfy boy shorts. OK, or PJ pants. Tank tops are sexy ya know…

Congrats on the live TV gig! How fun! You will shine, of course.

P.S. I love Mandee’s stuff. How cute! The Kiss tee is cute. The shorts with hearts on them. The Heather blank tank with capris (SO CUTE and SEXY!) Me? I’d totally do that capri set or the Heart tank/leopard cozy pants. Have a blast girl!!

P.P.S. Will you be my Valentine? XXOO

T´s last blog post…Loving logically

Mike February 10, 2009 at 2:05 pm

I think your first choice was the best. Honestly change the fabric and it’s a normal dress.

Mike´s last blog post…Damn You To Hell!!!

SingleParentDad February 10, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Finally, I have dreamt of this day, the day I get to choose your nightwear ;-)

I think the hoody and lounge stuff may be the best way to go. That too can be sexy, while being very understated. I like a woman in comfy clothes that invite a cuddle.

However if you need further appraisal of anything a little more risqué, I suppose I could help you out ;-)

SingleParentDad´s last blog post…Softer Side

CasualEncountersBlog February 10, 2009 at 2:40 pm

For the love of God don’t wear flannel. I vote “anything but”.

John F February 10, 2009 at 2:53 pm

The problem with the first choice will be the camera angles. Before you know it Single Mom Seeking will be the next Brittany Spears flashing the world.

I vote for fun and playful but not in a sexual way!

John F´s last blog post…Whitewater Rafting in the Grand Canyon — August 1-4, 2009

Amy Sue Nathan February 10, 2009 at 3:40 pm

You’re single but you’re a mom. Sure, moms can be hot but use good judgement. You don’t have to wear flannel — but be cute or sophisticated. A sense of humor and a modicum of class will show more of who you are than a scanty nightie.

Don’t wear anything you would be worried for M’s principal or her friends’ moms AND DADS to see you wearing on TV.

Amy Sue Nathan´s last blog post…Valentine’s Day 20 book giveaway for single moms

Angie February 10, 2009 at 3:52 pm

You know the deal…wear something you’re comfortable wearing and all will be fine!

I vote for flannel pants and a tank, like this:

Angie´s last blog post…I want to get lost.

judy February 10, 2009 at 4:37 pm

agree…CAN THE FLANNEL
Think English breakfast garden party…
sophisticated sexy flow but here’s
perhaps with an ovettop (not a hoodie) so part way through you can take off the top and bare a tad more skin

another question

What are you doing with your hair???
sexy-messy

And then what slippers go with the jammies?

singlemomseeking February 10, 2009 at 4:47 pm

You guys are killing me this week! I’m laughing so hard, it’s a good thing I’m alone!

Judy: “Sexy messy”… ha! (I didn’t even think about slippers yet!)

John F: That’s a good point about an accidental flashing. Yikes.

Kindall Nelson February 10, 2009 at 5:24 pm
MindyMom February 10, 2009 at 6:41 pm

I think I’m with T on the pick and Amy Nathan has some good advice. Should be fun, but yeah – normal clothes would have been nice. You work it, girl!

MindyMom´s last blog post…Making Mountains out of Molehills

Mike February 10, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Sexy top and slightly more conservaative bottoms (since you’re on TV).

Alicia February 10, 2009 at 6:56 pm

Sounds like it’ll be a blast! Stick with cute pj bottoms & a sweet tee or tank. Cannot go wrong-you will look innocent and sexy at the same time. Trust me on this one :-)

Janet February 10, 2009 at 7:21 pm

Hmm…I’d so no to the flannel. And definitely not a nightie! How about something cute like this:

Or this:

I think both get the point across…sexy, practical, and fun…just like a single mom. :)

Janet´s last blog post…All in all, a good day!

Kendall February 11, 2009 at 5:17 am

Mike has a point, if you change the fabric the first choice really is a dress. Congrats on being able to appear on live television.

I read the sex with yourself post, now please excuse me while I laugh myself silly. Hehe, hydrating flower.

Kendall´s last blog post…Note From the Management

ian February 11, 2009 at 6:13 am

I like the idea of the boy shorts and a flirty tank… playful and sexy – that’s pretty hot.
Of course, you cannot go wrong with that slip – but then you might not be ‘seeking’ much longer after that!

ian´s last blog post…Homemade Bird Feeder

avigail74 February 11, 2009 at 7:56 am

Junior’s department???? Goodness, what’s the matter with you? You’re a beautiful, grown woman who should show the world what a proud mama you are. And, to wear a teenager’s pj live on t.v?!? Why not wear a PJ that shows what a gorgeous mother you–and someone who’s not afraid to bare a little (c’mon, do you really think the principal expects to always look like a cotton tee woman??)—I would LOVE for you to wear a black, satin PJ—pants and a spaghetti strap tank from Victoria’s Secret! Don’t you think you deserve a nice, fancy PJ anyway?

won February 11, 2009 at 11:05 am

My advice is to not go by anything anyone here wrote. No offense intended for any of the writers.

It’s about you and your comfort zone. Listen to your heart and it will lead you the way you should go.

What do you feel you should wear? Have the producers given you any guidelines (patterns, colors, etc).

Just be true to you, and you can’t go wrong! Your light will shine from within if you are comfortable and right within yourself.

won´s last blog post…To use, or not to use?

Mama Dharma February 12, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Black satin PJs are hot and tasteful :) that would be my vote, but agreed with won…go with what makes you most comfy.

Mama Dharma´s last blog post…Metamorphosis

Sooz February 12, 2009 at 4:51 pm

Right on, sister, about the Valentine’s night plans. Amen!!!!