Single moms on The Bachelor?

by singlemomseeking on January 12, 2009

Correction! Angie’s Journal just let me know (very kindly) that I got it wrong.

That’s what happens when you’re trying to write a blog post during commercials — and in the middle of two third graders having a slumber party in a tent! (No kidding).

Here are the real facts (thanks Angie!):

Just into the second episode of The Bachelor — and Jason Mesnick has already sent two of the four single moms home!

It’s only the second night into the thirteenth season of The Bachelor, and we’ve lost:

- Treasure, a 28-year-old nurse practitioner and single mom from Utah

- Stacia, a 24-year-old charity accountant and single mom from Utah

The only single moms still standing are:

- Megan, a 25-year-old lacrosse coach and single mom from Sewickley, PA (the other women tried to vote off the show in the first episode)

Stephanie, a 34-year-old medical marketing representative from Huntsville, AL

Stephanie is the single mom who lost her husband in a plane crash. She’s also the woman who practically packed an entire department store in umpteenth suitcases.

Two readers have already commented on this blog to say that Melissa from Dallas is going to be Jason Mesnick’s wife.

What do you think? (And do you even care?)

More after the jump….

On the topic of love, if you haven’t yet entered the Valentine’s Day Poster Contest, there’s still time. Go for it here.

Do single dads prefer to date women without kids? | Single Mom Seeking...
January 14, 2009 at 8:57 am
Am I a terrible mom for letting my kid watch “The Bachelor”? | Single Mom Seeking...
February 2, 2009 at 11:27 pm

Amy Nathan January 13, 2009 at 6:04 am

As you know, I find this all endlessly entertaining. But I did get all weepy at the peek at next week when Jason brings Stephanie’s daughter to see her – and you should see the two of them swinging her in the water. WEEP WEEP

But I don’t think he is going to pick Stephanie.

I think he’s going to pick Deanna.

Amy Nathan´s last blog post…Are you a fearful parent?

MindyMom January 13, 2009 at 6:04 am

Well, I was going to watch this on my DVR while on the treadmill this morning…oh I know I still will. I don’t know what it is about this show? The fantasy? The over the top very unrealistic dates? The possibility of finding love under such insane circumstances? I honestly dont think I could walk into a room of 10-15 men and say “I know one of you will be my husband.” as Jason said to the women about becoming his wife. Maybe that was scripted. Too bad the single moms are down to one. I think Jason is missing out.

MindyMom´s last blog post…Saying Goodbye

singlemomseeking January 13, 2009 at 8:37 am

MindyMom: That’s when I laughed at the TV. when Jason walked in and said to all of the women, “I know one of you will be my wife.”

Oh, the pressure!

Amy Nathan: Fortunately, there were a couple of real moments, like when Stephanie’s daughter surprised her. Glad to know I’m not the only sucker for the show!

Eathan January 13, 2009 at 12:05 pm

1st of all…I’m still waiting for my chance to be on this show as the Interracial Bachelor. ;) lol

I have a feeling that the Dallas women usually come out ahead. They are fierce competitors. And beautiful too.

singlemomseeking January 13, 2009 at 1:06 pm

That’s why I can’t figure out why you’re single, Eathan — being surrounded by all these beautiful fierce Texan women. I’m serious.

I could really see you as the Interracial Bachelor. Love it!

Angie January 13, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Didn’t Megan get the first rose in the rose ceremony, leaving two single moms?

I think he’ll pick Deanna or Melissa, they are very similar. He seems to have a lot of chemistry with her.

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} January 13, 2009 at 7:26 pm

I was going to watch this season. I really was. I was heartbroken when Jason was beat out. Not that I didn’t love Jesse, but I have this thing for full time single dads. My heart goes out to them in a major way.

But I decided the day it premiered that I was going to pass this time around. Every season I scoff at how it’s not possible for someone to find their true love in that process, but yet I still watch.

And when the season is over, they never pick who I want them to.

I know… such a whiner!!!

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity}´s last blog post…New Kids on the Boat?