After the kids go to bed?

by singlemomseeking on December 12, 2008

Watch this video to find out the answer!

Hint:

First, RJ, the founder of SingleDad.com, makes me blush. (Up until now, I’ve been able to keep my blushing behind closed doors from all of you.) But that single dad got me big time!

But then, I make him blush. Ha!

And we’d love to hear: What do YOU do after the kids go to bed?

Special Needs Mama December 12, 2008 at 10:08 pm

Loved it, just loved it. You and RJ have great chemistry. But I think you know that.

Special Needs Mama´s last blog post…A writer’s work

Leah December 12, 2008 at 10:18 pm

Yes! Another bather here (bubble baths for sure). A lot gets worked out in the tub – a lot of thinking, not-thinking, relaxing, unwinding, unclenching – literally the scrubbing away of the cares of the day.

Nighttime is also my writing time. This is when I work on essays and write my blog posts. I know it’s probably not my optimally sharpest time, but I am just not disciplined enough to go to sleep at 10 pm and to wake up and work at 5 am. :)

Here’s to single parent night-owls!

Lance December 12, 2008 at 10:44 pm

What are we talking about here, exactly? Having some intimate “me” time?

You too have good chemistry, you should get it on IMMEDIATELY. What is the hold up?

Lance´s last blog post…Add Randomness To Your Life To Meet People

singlemomseeking December 12, 2008 at 10:56 pm

Thanks!!

Oh, I had to cut RJ off at the end because he goes on and on about bath salts, and I knew it would mortify him if his single dad readers knew that!

singlemomseeking December 12, 2008 at 10:58 pm

I’m still editing videos, but I promise we WILL get to your questions!

There IS a bit of chemistry there, isn’t there?

I’m planning to fly down to southern Cali after the New Year to do some cooking videos with RJ.

RJ, what’s cooking?

Leah, I’m amazed by writers who can write at night… I’m up at the crack of dawn. Here’s to bathers!

judy December 13, 2008 at 1:12 pm

cute…I went through a bathing stage, usually with lavender but that has passed.

I am trying to write at night but am usually too creative-brain-dead for that.

I do knit almost every night.

However, with a teen, my nights are less mine and she is sometimes up past my bed time or we head for bed at the same time.

SDMktg December 13, 2008 at 6:41 pm

Definitely TV for me. It’s the only way to zone out for a couple of hours while reading a magazine. I’d love to hit the hot tub if it was closer but bathtubs are just too small.

And did someone mention cooking in San Diego? Need some easy grill recipes? Hard ones?

singlemomseeking December 14, 2008 at 2:43 pm

SDMktg: Yes to grill recipes! (Although I don’t even own a grill. Ha!)

Seriously, do you have any recipes online? I’m on a mission to do some serious cookin’ in 2009.

Judy, your knitting is incredible! Do you have your stuff on etsy? I’d love to include a link.

T December 14, 2008 at 8:07 pm

I blog. And workout. I’m about to write my post for the night and then hit the treadmill before hitting the sheets. Its 9:00 p.m.

I do enjoy these videos. Can’t wait to see more!

T´s last blog post…16 Random Things (and then some)

SDMktg December 14, 2008 at 10:21 pm

I have recipes on the Freedom Grill web site http://www.freedomgrill.com/recipes.html and on the Fire Brand Sauce web site. http://www.firebrandsauce.com/recipes.html. One of my favorites is standing rib roast for the holidays. I cut slits in the meat and push garlic cloves in then make a paste of olive oil, salt, pepper, and chopped parsley, thyme, oregano, sage, and rosemary and rub that on the meat about 3 hours before cooking. Very tasty. No grill? Oh the horror. ;-) I have 4.

mc December 15, 2008 at 11:57 am

Oh, I’m so boring!—After I get my kids to bed I usually just make a phone call or two and then go to bed myself!

I get up really early instead. That way I can read the news online and drink coffee and wake up myself before my 2 angels jump out of bed.

A December 15, 2008 at 12:41 pm

I go online. Read some blogs, see who is online to chat. (I am also a bath person too though.) The funny thing is I actually find myself staying up later since becoming a mommy. I just love the peacefulness of the night!

Kat Wilder December 18, 2008 at 7:18 am

Well, once you’re kids become teens you start going to bed before them, so forget that!

And since they sleep until noon or beyond, you can have morning alone time.

However, they also start having a social life beyond you (and a more active one, too, I might add!) and a driver’s license. They’re not around as much, so your alone time comes at random moments; take ‘em!

Kat Wilder´s last blog post…Able and willing, but is everyone else?