Tina Fey as Sarah Palin, and Halloween with two grandpas

by singlemomseeking on October 31, 2008

This morning, I got to be Sarah Palin’s hair stylist.

Let me back up: M and I left the house an hour early to pop over to a neighbor’s, who was going as Tina Fey as Sarah Palin to work.

Before leaving, M and I watched a YouTube video about the best way to get a Sarah Palin do. My friend has short hair and no bangs, so this was tricky. How’d I do?

And tonight is a first:

Both my dad and step-dad asked if they could come trick or treating with us.

M, a.k.a. “a dead cheerleader,” could not be happier: eating candy, and being adored by both of her grandpas, who could ask for more? (We’re all celebrating Thanksgiving together, too.)

It will be quite the entourage: Our cousins, who are visiting from out of town, will be there, too. We’re going to meet a handful of my single mom friends, and all of our kids.

Your kids are dressing up as….? And YOU?

{ 1 trackback }

The man I hope to love | Single Mom Seeking...
November 10, 2008 at 10:41 pm

SingleParentDad October 31, 2008 at 4:03 pm

Looks good from here, but then I am a long way.

We took the stopping in with treats option, otherwise whose door would they knock?

Junior did have a pumkin mask for answering duties, and our lantern burnt all evening.

SingleParentDad´s last blog post…What Do You Do?

Rebs October 31, 2008 at 7:19 pm

The Fairy Princess finished the night with a good haul, which I am now digging into. I may need to start carrying the stash around with me to offer to panhandlers in lieu of spare change.

Legal Editor Mom October 31, 2008 at 8:26 pm

I love the Tina Fey as Sarah Palin idea! And I’ve never heard of a dead cheerleader as a costume! (What made M pick that?) And yet another coincidence, Lex was a regular (non-dead) cheerleader! I didn’t dress up today.

She collected quite a full load, as well, so I’m thankful that she doesn’t even like candy. She’s already told me to take it to work with me again this year.

Tomorrow we have a cousin’s 2nd birthday party where the kids are supposed to come in costume, and my cousin and his wife want all the adults to come in costumes as well. So she’ll be a cheerleader again, and I’m going as Minnie Mouse.

laurakim October 31, 2008 at 9:06 pm

I am feeling so left out!

LOL next year we are doing Halloween for sure :-P

My kids have no clue what it is right now!!

Hope you had fun!

laurakim´s last blog post…The Colour Quizz

Amy October 31, 2008 at 10:56 pm

I convinced – probably for the last year – Sadie that we could just sit on the front porch and pass out candy (while she was dressed as Cinderella.) She’s already been trick or treating three times this month.

Then at 9:00 I headed to a party with my brother. He was hell bent on putting me in this babydoll dress with tights and sneakers, hair in pig tails with ribbons, and a pair of white boxers that he had signed on the but “Xavier Roberts”. He said I was a Cabbage Patch Doll – but i just felt like a woman much too old to be wearing a babydoll style dress.

So at the last minute I pulled out my long black lace dress, black fringed shawl, platform boots, several symbol necklaces, teased up my blond hair a bit, put plenty of dramatic eye makeup on and went as Stevie Nicks.

That was way more fabulous! And I needed to feel that way tonight!

The catch is – around 1am I told my brother that I really wanted to step outside. And lo and behold – my intuition was dead on. As we walked outside toward his truck, the police showed up and busted the party for too much noise.

So we went to pick up Sadie – I said thanks for the goodtime – and realized – I am too old for that crap!

Amy´s last blog post…Journal 109: October 2008 Pregnancy Loss Remembrance Day

Amy October 31, 2008 at 11:03 pm

OH – forgot to mention – the little neighbor boy – who is about 6 came over to my house dressed as Barack Obama. He is lightskinned and has the “ears”. In fact – i had already noticed how much he looked like a tiny little Obama. His mom had him in a suit and he has a cardboard podium attached to his front with microphone and an Obama sign. He was adorable – I think they took him down to the local Democratic headquarters.

Amy´s last blog post…Journal 109: October 2008 Pregnancy Loss Remembrance Day

mc November 1, 2008 at 4:32 am

I passed out candy to other people’s kids….but my own two children were with their Dad this Halloween. I didn’t even get to see them dressed up. But I know my daughter was going to be “ghoul witch” and my son was going to be a “ninja warrior”. The “alternative holidays on alternative years” thing between us parents is functional, but I hate this part of it. :(

NappyKitchen November 1, 2008 at 7:07 am

My 7 year old son was ‘Vampire Bat.’ His 11 month old sister was ‘The Pumpkin.’ I was ‘Voodoo Woman.’

We trick or treated 3 times between Thursday and Halloween. There was a kid dressed as John McCain. My son asked him if he was “voting for John McCain” and the kid said yes.

My son was about to ask him “why?” (Mom’s sixth sense) and before he could, I discretely turned his attention to a Yorkie wearing a dress. Smooth save …

We had a ball.

NappyKitchen´s last blog post…I’m Catching Hell, Part II

Eathan November 1, 2008 at 8:32 am

I hope everyone had a great time.. I know I did. I feel left out, my boys decided they didn’t want dad to tag along. I guess they are both wanting to me independent and grown. lol

Oh well.. I’ve trained them well.

Eathan´s last blog post…Happy Halloween

T November 1, 2008 at 9:30 am

My oldest was a Rock Star (as she is every day) and my youngest was Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street. They had a blast. The best part was when a group of older teenagers strolled past the house dressed as Belle, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. My baby Grace was absolutely stunned and SO happy after. I wish I could’ve taken a photo of her face. Priceless!

Love the Sarah Palin look. Great job!

T´s last blog post…Living in the after

Andrea November 1, 2008 at 11:53 am

Great hairdo! How fun for M! We had the whole family and friends entourage during trick or treating as well. There were ten adults and 5 children and a few beers and tons of candy. We had a blast!

Andrea´s last blog post…Happy DSD!

Angie November 1, 2008 at 4:17 pm

Awesome idea!

M and Daniel would have been a good pair – he was a dead doctor! He waited until AFTER school to become ‘dead’, however.

Little miss was Wonderwoman. This was her 3rd costume this year. She dressed as Belle for the school dance, I MADE her a tinkerbell costume (that she never did wear), and she fell in LOVE with wonderwoman when we bought the DR costume…

Glad you all had fun!

Leslie November 2, 2008 at 6:58 am

Love the dead cheerleader idea! Anything that can use facepaint is a winner.

Mine was a shot buck and my baby sister was the hunter. It was pretty funny especially when they hammed it up on people’s doorsteps.

I’m going to be so sad when B won’t want to trick or treat anymore…I’ll be the cooky old lady who has the overboard “Halloween house”. You know every neighborhood has one haha

Leslie´s last blog post…Halloween

Kelly November 3, 2008 at 1:00 pm

My daughter was a goth fairy. Check it out: http://buffyfan30.livejournal.com/664665.html

A good time was had by all!

Kelly´s last blog post…In which dooce.com continues to make me giggle

Kelly November 3, 2008 at 1:02 pm

My reply seems to have vanished. Hm. Anyway, mine was a goth fairy. Check it out: http://buffyfan30.livejournal.com/664665.html

A good time was had by all!

Kelly´s last blog post…In which dooce.com continues to make me giggle

Kelly November 3, 2008 at 1:03 pm

Also, going as Tina Fey as Sarah Palin is awesome! Good job with the hair.

Kelly´s last blog post…In which dooce.com continues to make me giggle

Kelly November 3, 2008 at 1:04 pm

Okay, so it seems that posts with links in them don’t go through? I was trying to say, my daughter was a goth fairy for Halloween. We had a great time. For pics, you can go back a couple of posts in my blog!

Kelly´s last blog post…In which dooce.com continues to make me giggle