What about Kate and Lance’s kids?

by singlemomseeking on August 1, 2008

Just for the record: based on your comments here about dating as a single parent, all of you are so mature .

When I first heard that Kate Hudson and Lance Armstrong had split, I threw my hands into the air. There they go again: parading each other’s kids through their lives, and leaving someone else to clean up the streamers. Did they even try to have a relationship? Or, was it just about the weekend sex in hotels across the country?

But then I realized how judgmental that sounded. No one really knows what happened behind the scenes.

Within minutes after Kate and Lance publicly announced their split, the name-calling began (Google Kate Hudson today and you’ll see Kate referred as a harlot, a slut, you name it).

And Lance? There were a few harsh insults thrown out, but compared to Kate, hardly an eyelash was batted. There goes that double standard again — but never mind.

The truth is, no one really knows exactly how much their kids were involved.

To read how I weigh in on about Kate Hudson’s and Lance Armstrong’s high-profile breakup affects their children, please go to MOMLOGIC.com today.

Thanks for commenting here or there!

Photo of Kate Hudson at Fool’s Gold World Premiere from PRPhotos.com

Phil August 1, 2008 at 8:26 am

Don’t worry about Lance’s kids…I think they spend most of their time with Kristin, who is fabulous. She’s got her own single mom runner’s blog over at Runner’s World

dadshouse August 1, 2008 at 9:38 am

I think Lance got trashed plenty good when things ended with Sheryl Crow. Seems he had a pretty severe temper, or something like that. But he sort of dropped off my radar when he ended things with Kristin – like Phil says, she sounds like a fabulous woman. Why would he leave? She even helped Lance train for his first NYC Marathon. I love it when ex’s can be nice like that!

GLSD August 1, 2008 at 11:16 am

I was shocked that they had broken up. I agree with your article though, it makes the kids aware of the different friendships that adults can have. It was out there in the open, no sneaking around…the kids hung out…and the adults hung out… all friends. Have a great wkend!

singlemomseeking August 1, 2008 at 11:37 am

Great to hear from you Dads!! You surprise me in the best way. I log into the blog, and here you are, standing up for single dads who are dating again. Thanks.

The Exception August 1, 2008 at 1:10 pm

If only these break-ups could stay out of the media. It is hard enough on the kids without everyone having knowledge of it, the gossip, and the opinions… you know?

If they have a great mom… they are good to go! ;)

Vinnie Sorce August 2, 2008 at 9:01 am

This is going to come off harsh but I’m way to busy to give a flying fig about what Lance Armstrong is doing…

GregPeckFan August 2, 2008 at 10:00 am

In my opinion, we have an enormous issue in this country with equating wealth to happiness and adjustment. I personally note when a violent crime involves a wealthy white juvenile, the media harps incessantly on the socioeconomic status the juvenile came from. I think we do this with celebrities, and it’s exacerbated by the glossy, slick and 100% produced portrayal of them we digest. Who knows? Maybe Kate & Lance’s entire relationship was a publicity stunt.

I have to remind myself: because someone was born into wealth, or happened into it because of the Disney machine, or ? – - they have an equal chance of being as dysfunctional as my single mom acquaintance who has burned through about 5 “live in” boyfriends. Just a random sampling of celebrities lends us to believe they are not well adjusted, overall.

Maybe the only difference is celebrities can pay someone to advise them better – - and hopefully she’ll do it.

Steve August 2, 2008 at 10:34 am

Hi I’m not sure what to say about lance, but I have just come across your blog.

Very cool. Nice posts.

I’ll be back

Steve

Marcie August 3, 2008 at 4:55 pm

I am constantly amazed at how the other single parents I know see no problem in bringing new ppl into and out of their children’s lives. I just connected that it is due to us watching celebrities marry, breed, divorce,repeat. As parents we need to put the children first if that means I can’t date like I did when I was 20 so be it. My kids emotional health needs to be more important. And Yes there is a double standard but it is that the one raising the children has the bigger responsibility to care for those children.

Melissa LaMunyon August 5, 2008 at 4:41 pm

God, what is it with the double standards of how society views men and women–especially as parents? It’s just so unfair.

Rachel, thank you for checking yourself on your own judgement of the two. You’re right–no one actually knows what happened.