Will you be watching “Must Love Kids” tomorrow night?

by singlemomseeking on July 13, 2008

Tomorrow (Tuesday, July 15), TLC is premiering its new reality show, “Must Love Kids,” in which “three strong and optimistic single moms meet their suitors for the first time and decide whom they would like to potentially date.”

Watch the trailer here:

I’ve got to give it to TLC for the clever name, “Must Love Kids.” But I can’t help but wonder how realistic the show will be.

The Futon Critic, Kristin Sample, made a great point when she dissected TLC’s press release on the show, which states:

“With an estimated 10.4 million single mothers in the U.S., these three single moms will undoubtedly inspire others to take the initiative and focus on their own happiness.”

“I don’t like the assumption here,” Kristen says.

“All single moms are miserable and don’t focus on their own happiness? Therefore, all single moms need to learn to be happy so they can secure another mate?

Kristen admits that she might be “too harsh.” I guess we’ll see with our own eyes tomorrow (9:00 p.m. ET / PT on TLC) if you and and I can relate to these dating single moms.

Tell us: Will you be tuning into “Must Love Kids”?

P.S. I don’t have cable, but I might ask a girlfriend to TIVO the show for me.

{ 1 trackback }

“Must Love Kids:” Exclusive Interview with David | Single Mom Seeking...
September 9, 2008 at 9:46 am

Crazy Computer Dad July 13, 2008 at 3:47 pm

I can’t watch reality shows (well, I don’t watch TV at all). My reality is more than enough. :-)

Dawn July 14, 2008 at 10:09 pm

Hmmm probably not. I HATE to watch these type of shows where they show the beautiful people. The people who wake up looking beautiful..whose children are angels 24/7..who doesnt stress over money, or anything like. THAT is not reality.

Hanna July 14, 2008 at 11:20 pm

I wanna watch it, but in true single-mom form, my budget only allows for high speed internet or cable, and guess which one I chose? I may have to crash my friend’s house and force her to switch the channel from Current TV to TLC for an hour. I kinda have the sinking feeling that the show will only depress me, however.

Mom2Maddie99 July 15, 2008 at 3:17 am

As a fan of reality TV and a mom who probably needs to get back into dating…I will definitely watch at least the first episode. Thanks so much for the reminder.

judy July 15, 2008 at 10:15 am

no TV in this house..been 15 years without one because I threw it away when I was pregnant.

However the name is not clever just a take off on Must Love Dogs

Suiter 4 July 15, 2008 at 11:08 am

As one of the suiters cast in the show, I can tell everyone that the show is genuine and the dialogues are all unscripted. While I have no idea of the final outcome of the show I can tell you that the other men cast for the show and the woman we all dated were very diverse, very genuine, and very different from the stereotyped “perfect people” you see on shows like “The Bachelor”

singlemomseeking July 15, 2008 at 12:40 pm

Wow, Suiter No. 4, what an honor to hear from you! I’ll tune in for sure. This gives me hope!

Hanna: Let me know if you tune in, too!

kt July 15, 2008 at 5:06 pm

Check out this interview with Tracy,one of the moms featured on the show!

singlemomseeking July 15, 2008 at 10:26 pm

Mom2Maddie: Please come back and give us an honest review here, after the first episode, yes? Thanks!

James July 16, 2008 at 11:22 am

I too am/was one of the “suitors.” It was an interesting experience, definitely something that many people cannot say they have done.

singlemomseeking July 16, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Seriously, another suitor? You guys made my day!

And KT, thanks for the link! I just saw Tracy at MomLogic.com, too:
“Must Love (Crazy) Kids”

Mom2Maddie99 July 17, 2008 at 9:05 pm

It wasn’t at all what I expected…although I am not sure what I was expecting.

I wasn’t very entertained by the first episode, but afterwards they did a preview of the remainder of the season…which looked interesting. They showed clips of the moms and their kids interacting with some of the men, which made me wonder how long this ‘project’ went on for.

I am anxious to see which women were able to find true love…and wondering if they will do a season 2…and if I can be a part of it.

carmen perez July 19, 2008 at 7:51 am

love it im thereso happy is a show like this on tv how can i get on single mom for 10 years

Jenn July 21, 2008 at 6:25 pm

No, I was watching the Detroit Tigers.
You’ll have to do an update, but most reality TV makes me want to stab my eyes with a toothpick. (As do the Tigers lately.)

Kimberly July 25, 2008 at 5:34 am

I’d like to hear more about the men, but they seem to be vanishing quickly already. A show like this gives me hope when men are willing to do this. In fact, if Tracy doesn’t pick Mark,he can up to Seattle and wine and dine me, he’s cute!

Mark August 20, 2008 at 6:20 pm

I am also one of the suitors on the show. It was certainly an interesting experience, perhaps even more so for me because of Paris. The show is heavily edited for obvious reasons, so there is a lot left out. Oh that Paris! She is a very bright kid, too smart for mom really. I happen to know all the final choices for the women, and I can say that Tracy made the best selection.

Tereecea August 31, 2008 at 4:14 am

Thanks for the insight Mark. Anyone that had to be around Tracy/Paris deserves huge kudos because I would have been mortified at her behavior. I just hope that this show brings Tracy the wake up call she needs to start parenting that unruly child before it is too late. She is doing that child a huge disservice with her lack of discipline. Good luck to anyone that has to deal with that unless she changes.

meredith payton September 19, 2008 at 8:58 am

i am a single mother of two sets of twins…i am 39 years old and am 5’6 with long brown hair and have a strong desire to be on this television program…i think its a wonderful idea

meredith payton October 7, 2008 at 10:36 am

i would like very much to have information on how to be on this show…i am a single mom in dallas tx and have 2 sets of twins…i used to model for budweiser in my 20′s and i just cant find a man that “loves kids” i have a prob with them only wanting me…but my kids are my life and im a packagef deal—please contact me with info on how to be on the show

Donna M. Schneider January 11, 2009 at 12:29 pm

Has this show been cancelled? I can never find it any more. I could not even find the season finale.

Please let me know.