In what ways does motherhood make us better lovers?

by singlemomseeking on May 27, 2008

First, thank you! I felt the warmth that you sent my way. I’m sucker for words, and I really appreciated yours.

The antibiotics have kicked this infection — and they’ve kicked me in the butt, too. I’m tired, but here I am!

In honor of Babeland’s Sexy Mama event, I’m giving away the final prize of the month: Babeland Bath Fizzies. So, go ahead and comment this week!

The big juicy question is:

Has motherhood made you feel sexier?

How did your sexual self image change when you became a mother?

I’m feeling quite unsexy at the moment. A fever is not a turn-on.

But seriously, it was motherhood that made me feel the sexiest I’ve ever felt in my life. After those first three months of morning sickness passed, I was in my power. Sure, I’d fretted about how childbirth might stretch me out — and stretch marks? help! — but after having a baby, I was in awe of what my body had done.

For the first time ever, I let go of all of my insecurities. Since becoming a mom, I’ve wanted to have sex in the daylight. I’ve wanted to have sex with the lights on. And my stretch marks? Who cares?

As Urban Gypsy says this month:

“Look in the mirror and for once don’t allow yourself to be obsessed with what you don’t like, find what you love (everyone out there has at least one spectacular feature) and play it up. Think of what makes you special and what features are outstanding when you feel insecure. Your flaws are part of what is special about you: the stretch marks that run across your belly from being pregnant are a map of your history… Everyone is flawed. And I’m thankful for that. Perfection would be so bland.”

How has motherhood made you feel sexier?

How do your “flaws” make you special?

P.S. The winner of the Rub My Duckie vibrator is Kelly, who said, “My sex life these days revolves around a half-broken toy.” Congrats!

{ 1 trackback }

Blog winners, Bridget Moynahan on dating as a single mom, and more! | Single Mom Seeking...
September 9, 2008 at 10:27 am

Shannon May 28, 2008 at 7:23 am

I absolutely felt sexier during my pregnancy and I think the maturity I’ve gained in the last eight years since then, and the comfort I have in my own skin, has made me even more sexy! It’s a confidence that grows once you know you can create life and continue to nurture on a daily basis. It’s a warmth that radiates through a woman, and obviously spreads through ALL our parts. ;)

littlemansmom May 28, 2008 at 8:09 am

Bwaaahaha…considering my sex life I’m NOT qualified to answer this question…LOL….I will say that the ‘older’ I get, the less inhibited I get and the sexier I feel because I feel stronger about my self, but I don’t know if that has anything to do with my mommiehood per say….

singlemomseeking May 28, 2008 at 8:31 am

Ah, yes, maturity! That does come hand-in-hand with motherhood, doesn’t it?

Thanks for that reminder Shannon and Little Man’s Mom.

Experience is wisdom, I’ve heard.

Kim May 28, 2008 at 9:24 am

During my pregnancy, I was hot alll the time.. which was unfortunate as my daughter’s sperm donor had split. It’s funny though, having had the bad experience of going through a pregnancy without the support of my partner and having up to this point raised her without his help has made me feel more self sufficient, stronger and more confident in myself as a human being. This in turn has allowed me to ask for what I want and not accept less than what I deserve.. which I guess makes me sexier.

Avigail74 May 28, 2008 at 4:54 pm

About a year after getting my divorce, I turned 30. Something snapped when I turned 30—I wanted to become a sexy mama—a mother who was not afraid to be a strong woman with healthy sexy values. I started liking myself, started thinking that I was actually attractive and started to feel much more confident. I love looking in the mirror with my daughter and telling her that we’re two beautiful beings—I want to model for my daughter how to love oneself. I”m crossing my fingers that my daughter will really LOVE herself and appreciate who she is…

Judy May 28, 2008 at 8:44 pm

I am contacting our mutual friend Heidi Raykeil. I am sure she will have something to add