Sex and the City Trivia: Do you remember the name of Miranda’s nanny?

by singlemomseeking on May 27, 2008

Hint: She’s the one who found a vibrator in Miranda’s bed… and swapped it for a statue of the Virgin Mary.

At San Francisco’s Sex and the City event with Sasha Cagen, author of Quirkyalone, Mysti Doughty, and Waleska — one of my always-there single mama friends. (Hint: we’re the two shorties!)

Check out yours truly quizzing folks in line last night as they waited to get into San Francisco’s Sex and the City party.(That’s my single mom friend, Waleska, taping. Doesn’t she have a great laugh?)

P.S. After researching just now, I realize that Miranda’s nanny may have a Hispanic name — but she’s really Eastern European.

You can see three local single women authors — Wendy Merrill, Falling into Manholes ; Jerusha Stewart, The Single Girl’s Manifesta; and Jane Ganahl, Naked on the Page — before the Sex and the City event on ABC’s View from the Bay!

Watch the local Sex and the City HERE.

The single mom verdict about the movie is still out. Ms. Single Mama says that Sex and the City was cheesy, while Mommy Pie loved it!

Ms. Single Mama May 27, 2008 at 4:46 pm

Yes! I’m going with a group of girlfriends. Can’t wait. I’ll definitely be writing a review.

Yes, this show changed my life. I saw it as a young 20-something and it definitely re-defined the way I saw being single.

Have fun on Friday!

Susan May 27, 2008 at 5:10 pm

I invited my mom to go with me! She watched the show before I did — and loved it just as much. Now whether we can comment on certain, er, story lines is another matter…

singlemomseeking May 28, 2008 at 6:32 am

Let’s check in to see how everyone liked the movie! Looking forward to your review, Ms. Single Mama.

And, wow, Susan, with your mom! Can’t wait to hear about it.

Kelly May 28, 2008 at 7:38 am

I’m going with some girlfriends Friday night. Well, one of them is bringing her boyfriend. Hey, didn’t she know this is a girl’s night? Oh well, should be fun. I only watched the show for a brief time (maybe one season) when I had HBO, but I liked it. They have a lot more money and sex than I do, but I can still relate to the single woman lifestyle. I think it’s great that there was a show that said it was okay to be single. It makes me crazy that so many TV shows make single women look like freaks or at the very least, lonely and unhappy without a man. I call BS.

Evette May 29, 2008 at 8:14 am

The event I’m going to is also sold out. I’m not surprised at all! I LOVE the show! I’m excited to see how well it does at the box office this weekend!

Amanda June 11, 2008 at 9:40 am

Nobody answered the quiz…her name was Magda.

Anyway I am late posting but I went with my mom and sisters it was a lot of fun. Although my mom was a little taken aback by the sex scenes. I didn’t feel to awkward though I got a kick out of her reactions. The movie was great fun!

singlemomseeking June 11, 2008 at 10:38 am

Bravo Amanda! You got it! Magda.

I was surprised by the sex scenes, too, because the show never, well, SHOWED that much. Wow.

How brave of you to go and see the movie with your mom!

Vinnie Sorce June 12, 2008 at 2:36 pm

Saw it Tuesday with a female friend who had never seen the show. I loveed it! Cried half a dozen times…

singlemomseeking June 17, 2008 at 9:30 am

Ah, Vinnie, how sweet!!

Hey, look at this: Vinnie just bought the domain name, “Single Dad Seeking.”

Watch out world.