“Not every divorcee wants to steal your husband”

by singlemomseeking on December 16, 2007

shattered-heart.jpgIf you haven’t yet read ElleBelle’s “Holiday Wish List for Single Moms,” drop everything and go there now.

This former single mom writes to every married mom out there, saying that surely you “must have single mom friends so I thought that I’d speak up for them and offer a holiday wish list for moms who rarely put themselves first…”

For example, “Invite her to your holiday party, even if she doesn’t have a date. It gets really old not being included in a social life that is primarily couples. A lot of married women are afraid of single women (they think they’re predatory). Please…not every divorcee wants to steal your husband.”

“Above all, remember that you might be a SAHM with a nanny, happily married to a VC or techie entrepreneur, rolling in Google stock and living in a multi-million dollar home but you never know what the future holds. Don’t look down your nose at single moms. Next Christmas you could be one.”

And while we’re on the topic, have you been thinking about your New Year’s Resolutions? Please share them here!

Note them here, and we’ll help each other stay in track in 2008, all right?

Here’s a sneak peak at mine, just posted at BabyCenter.com: “Protect your heart because no one else will.”

Please come and visit me… « Single Mom Seeking….
December 18, 2007 at 1:25 pm
Best holiday gift ever? | Single Mom Seeking...
November 23, 2008 at 4:39 pm

Dawn December 16, 2007 at 1:30 pm

Thank you for sharing that link..that was the best written piece for those who do not know what it is like to be a single mom.

As far as resolutions: Quit smoking, get into nursing school, quit packratting!

Jenn December 17, 2007 at 7:30 am

Oh! Love it.

It always amazes me; how women act towards other women. The smile on my face, dear ladies, is from the joy -within: knowing that at night, I don’t have to lie down next to your man.

I’ll take single and struggling over steady and soul-less anytime.

singlemomseeking December 18, 2007 at 9:31 am

I’m also realizing that I’d rather be soulful and sane… than be in an unhealthy relationship. If you haven’t seen Andrea’s latest post at BabyCenter.com, here you go:

Susan December 19, 2007 at 5:53 pm

Sometimes I want to say, “honey, if you think I’m desperate enough to want HIM…nah, you can keep him to yourself” Half the time the married women I know just want to be ME — single.

It’s so silly and for the most part either lack of trusting their husband in the first place (i.e., cracks in the marriage for whatever reason) and/or lack of self-esteem.