Top Five Dating Blogs

by singlemomseeking on November 12, 2007

sassybean.jpgIn the world of blogging, I’m still a newbie.

That’s not totally true. When I first started dating again as a single mom, I did begin a blog. It was such a weepy, sad rant — my broken heart did all the talking. So, I set it to”private.”

However, this was the rant that eventually grew into my book, Single Mom Seeking. (In 2002, when I’d gone searching for similar first-person blogs and books by single moms who were just dating again, I came up empty. Fortunately, there are many single mom dating blogs out there now!… Like One-Woman Show and Ms. Single Mama.)

As Single Mom Seeking‘s pub date approached, I decided to give blogging another chance. Now I’m hooked. It’s because of you: my readers, the single moms here, the parents who sit down and write in.

I love the instant connection with you. I love the (sometimes heart-wrenching, but always honest) advice you give. I love the way you make me laugh.

But listen to this! Marie at www.sassybean.com just emailed me to say:

Hi Rachel, just wanted to let you know that “Single Mom Seeking” has been chosen as one of our five favorite dating blogs!

Check it out: The 5 Best Dating Blogs.

So, now is your chance to chime in and tell me what you’d like to see more of here at this blog:

• Do you want more details about my own dates? (Oh, that’s right, I’m taking a Time Out from dating. Ah, the irony!)
  • Do you want to hear single mom experts chiming in?
  • How about if I spotlight YOU… all of you amazing single moms?

Image from Sassy Bean.

Seduction and Relationships » Blog Archive » Top Five Dating Blogs
November 12, 2007 at 8:04 pm
www.topcholesteroladvice.info » Top Five Dating Blogs
November 13, 2007 at 9:06 am

andreapaventi November 12, 2007 at 11:08 pm

I’d love to see more of how you handle discipline when you’re at your wit’s end. As you know, I’m married, but I’m sometimes a corporate widow and am all alone! Oh, poor Andrea… cue the violins. Anyway, thanks for your comment on Babycenter. I hope I’m not turned in to the spanking police.

mssinglemama November 13, 2007 at 12:57 am

I think spotlighting readers would be fantastic. What are their datiing stories? Some of the things I struggle with is how to give him 100% when I’m seeing someone or how to date someone who just really doesn’t understand what it’s like to raise a child. How are other single moms handling these same issues? I would also love to see more on solo parenting – which is by far my most difficult and daunting challenge.

Thanks for calling out my blog Rachel! I’m totally a newbie at this but am having so much fun…and all thanks to you for inspiring me to get out there.

Curing A Broken Heart November 13, 2007 at 6:27 am

I hope this isn’t too personal, but what happened between you and the father of your little girl? Was the seperation hard to deal with? I have gone through some bad times and I tell ya what… venting and having support from friends is really what got me going again!

Jenn November 13, 2007 at 1:58 pm

I can totally go for the solo parenting issues.

The dating? Do I have to start wearing my bar ring while I’m blogging, too? ;)

singlemomseeking November 13, 2007 at 3:09 pm

Wow, mamas, thanks for all the super-suggestions!! Much appreciated over here.

To “Curing a Broken Heart,” you can get a gist of what happened by looking at my website, http://www.singlemomseeking.com/bio.html

Yes, I toast to venting and a whole lot of support. Right on.

Dr. Leah November 13, 2007 at 4:57 pm

Rachel so deserves this recognition; I read her blog every day and love it.

What solo parenting issues are most challenging? Corporate widows, please feel free to share.

I’d love to help!

Susan November 14, 2007 at 3:08 am

Rachel, sorry to be a bit late here. First, thank you for mentioning my blog, One-Woman Show, in your post! As for what I’d like to see here, I like to read about how you’ve handled certain situations/challenges, or as Ms.Singlemama said, to read the same from your readers to get even a broader perspective. Offering this as a forum to discuss, vent or cheer about the unique joys and challenges of being a single mom — and dating (wait, I’m not hearing the cheers over here…YET) — is all I really need and you’ve got that part down!